• Now:Home > News > Forex News

Italy's parliament will vote on the new electoral law, or the populist party harder to seize power

Italy in the house of Commons passed Rosatellum bill, which will increase the government's "five-star movement party" the difficulty of winning the next election. Rosatellum bill introduced a system, of which 36% of the seats will be allocated through the "first pass" system, the remaining 64% of seats in proportion to allocate. The bill would vote in the house of lords, is expected to get through, then pave the way for an early election.

Italy in the house of Commons passed Rosatellum bill, which will increase the government's "five-star movement party" the difficulty of winning the next election.

Last week, the Italian lawmakers approved the legislation in the "secret vote". The legislation by 375 votes to 375 votes against the results obtained by. The ruling Democratic Party and the opposition kadima party, and the northern league, the collective voted.

Rosatellum bill introduced a system, of which 36% of the seats will be allocated through the "first pass" system, the remaining 64% of seats in proportion to allocate. In addition, the bill also coordinated the voting system between the house of Commons and the house of lords.

Citigroup economist holding (Giada Giani) said: "Rosatellum bill will help against the Italian mainstream political parties' five-star movement, because these parties are better able to establish alliance, and generally have a candidate to win seats."

In an interview with CNBC last month, leaders of the "five-star movement party" di mai Mr (Luigi di Maio) ruled out the possibility of alliances with other parties. He said: "we would be glad to get the support of other parties, but we will not give them a representative position in government."

Di mai Mr Also criticised the at that time, the proposed method, called "all Italian political parties are trying to pass a democratic electoral system to beat us. According to the law, to win the election party will receive a minimum of parliamentary seats."

According to the current law, a party need to get at least 40% of the vote, to get another 50 seats in the "majority". Polls suggest that the Democrats and "party" average approval rating at 27%, while the northern league, enjoys a 15% approval rating. Former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi (Silvio Berlusconi) led by Italian league for democracy (Forza Italia) approval rating is about 14%.

As a result, the centre-right parties could overcome "the five-star movement", but they are still unlikely to obtain an absolute majority.

This week, Rosatellum bill will vote in the house of lords, is expected to get through, then pave the way for an early election.

Local newspaper Corriere reported that Italian President ma tare pull (Sergio Matterella) may speech announced a new election date on New Year's eve to March 4, 2018. The distance to the May 20 deadline only two months.